Adopted May 12, 2014
Revised July 13, 2020
The following are rules and regulations of the Port Leyden Community Library. These are effective
- Complete a registration card and provide a picture identification with current address. If the address information is not current, other identification such as a piece of mail or bill is required.
- Individuals will be able to sign out only (2) items at the time of their initial visit.
- Children 14 and under must apply with a parent or guardian and that adult’s signature is required on their registration card.
- There will be a $.50 charge to replace a lost or damaged library card.
- Users must present their library card to check out materials.
- There is an overall limit of (20) items at one time on a library card.
- Library cards must be renewed every year.
- New items are loaned out for 14 days with no renewal.
- Audio books (CD & cassette) are loaned out for 14 days with 1 renewal.
- Video (DVD & VHS) are loaned out for 7 days with no renewal.
- General collection is loaned out for 28 days with 1 renewal.
- Materials will be available for pickup for 7 days after they are processed.
- Holds may be placed either in person or online.
- There is a limit of 10 holds per patron
- New items may not be renewed
- Audio books (CD & cassette) may be renewed 1 time.
- Renewals may be done in person, over the phone or online.
Overdues and Fines:
- Borrowing privileges will be suspended if user has 5 or more overdue items, and will not be restored until such materials are either returned or paid for.
- In extenuating circumstances, a donation can be made in lieu of fees incurred.
Nonperishable food items for the local food pantry will be accepted in lieu of fees.
- If a book or other material is damaged beyond repair, the borrower is required to pay the billed amount.
- Until the damaged item is paid for, the user may not borrow any items.
- An Interlibrary Loan request is defined as a request for library materials made on behalf of a patron through NCLS, ICEPAC or OCLC systems.
- A patron status of “Blocked” will deny ILL service.